Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cappuccino Baklava




My newest creation came up when I thought, while making baklava, hey what goes great with Baklava!? Coffee!!!
I tested it for a couple weeks and thought about it for a couple of days and I decided to create the Cappuccino Baklava. It is pretty suttle coffee flavor without making you climb walls. The layers of fillo dough and the crushed walnuts are baked with butter and honey syrup is drizzled on top when coming out of the oven. Then I use some chocolate to for the top of the baklava to give it some extra zing. That cinnamon and coffee flavor along with the honey syrup give it an unforgetable and after a couple bites an addicting taste.
This is not a good time to watch my weight and enjoy this the way I would like! And then again, it never is. I put on some weight coming up with this Greek baklava recipe. Just like any good Greek food, the flavor is there as long as the recipe is done right! And of course cooked by a Greek makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment