Sunday, March 1, 2009

Falafel Greek Salad


For the Falafel itself, I start out with Fava beans, ground them down, mix the cilantro, fresh green onion,
and the mix of spices, then we fry the falafel golden brown. This of course is not a mix out of a box.
This is an authentic Egyptian falafel recipe that I have. It is one of the few recipes that I have that is not Greek from our region. The Greek Salad itself is mixed with the Iceberg and Romaine lettuce and surrounded by sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, banana peppers, and topped with crumbled feta cheese and kalamata olives. The falafel is set on top and a side of the Greek dressing to pour over and enjoy. Try this! It is a great alternative to a meatless salad with flavor you have been waiting for. Most guests I talk to cannot believe I use actual Fava beans and it is not a mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment